Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sign a contract ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bought some new toys. Three tar filled 1505B Altec 15 cell horns, three 288 compression drivers - one that says "Hollywood" on it, six Altec 515's, some y-throats for the horns, and four Peavey MB-1 midrange horns that are ******* ' HUGE. Is anyone familiar with Peavey stuff ? They are 42" wide, 22" tall and about 40" deep. Looks like for stage applications. They've got some of the most massive comp. drivers I've ever seen on them.

    My wife wants me to sign a contract saying I won't buy anymore speakers or equipment for a year.

    Paaaaleeeeeeeezzzzzeee......

    Are you kidding me?


    c-ya

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My wife wants me to sign a contract saying I won't buy anymore speakers or equipment for a year.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine just TOLD me that either I get rid of the speakers or she'd leave......She got mad when I didn't respond for 2 days.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Curl up to a pair of A7's ?

    How about just recline back into the throat of a 210 ?

    It's cool........... but only at low volume levels..........

    Found out about the big Peavey horns. The were
    designed primarily for stage applications. Lowest recommended x-over point is 250Hz. Upper is 1200Hz. What looked like the most massive compression driver in the world is actually an enclosure for a 12" Black Widow speaker........on the back of a fairly neat looking 2-piece horn. Weird..... Sensitivity is @1W/ 1M is 109db.

    Hooked 2 of them up last night. WOW....... They sound really good. Boy do they throw out a tremendous amount of sound. I'm impressed.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just had an idea for a great new enterprise! See what you think of the rough draft for my first ad;

    *************************************************

    Tired of the wife's incessant nagging to thin down your collection of audio gear?

    Had enough of her threats to leave you if you buy anything else besides new curtains?

    THEN SEND HER FOR A WEEK OF THERAPY TO THE BFISH RETREAT for UNHAPPY HOUSEWIVES of AUDIOPHILES (BRUHA)!

    Here at BRUHA, she'll be subjected to 7 grueling days of oiling and hand-polishing various speaker cabinets, while being subjected to continuous high-decibel selections from artists such as Howlin' Wolf, Elvin Bishop, and Ry Cooder.

    Each hard day's work will be rewarded with a night on the town, including visits to Leon's Sudz-N-Dudz, (pool hall/laudromat), and a scenic drive to Uncle Pood's Chrome Holler (when we run out of corn likker).

    As a LIMITED-TIME SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER, the first 25 accepted applications (please include a recent photo of applicant) can experience a week of BRUHA for the unbelievably-low price of $200! (transportation, vaccination, and follow-up therapy not included)

    I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT; (if) your wife returns home to you, it will be with a newly-found appreciation of your audio interests, an increased tolerance for audio expenditures, and the realization that living with you wasn't really that bad after all! Just don't act surprised when she screams "GIT-ER-DONE" in the middle of the night.

    BRUHA----FOR (the wife of) THE DISCRIMINATING AUDIOPHILE!
    (Cash only, local taxes may apply)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member SD-50's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about THE DISCRIMINATING AUDIOPHILES who dream about spending a week at your place, are they SOL???
    LOL

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't ditch the wifeys yet guys, (at least not for that reason). At 47, I've been on my own for a few years, and my place looks like a grossly-understaffed repair shop from the 50's, with only a narrow path down the middle! I found that the kitchen cabinets make for excellent parts storage, once all that other unnecessary garbage is out of the way, as I get by on a sinkful of dishes and such, (which is where they stay when not on the stove, or in my lap). I sleep on my couch, 'cause I haven't been able to get to my bed for 6 months (the bedroom's for cabless drivers and pending projects). Although you CAN curl up next to a pair of A7s, there's little warmth there, and when you find yourself singin' Jackson Browne's "Rosie You're All Right" on a daily basis, it's time for concern.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The guys get to experience the hunting dogs and the fishing gear in addition to the Altec stuff.

    Garunteed hunting and fishing....

    What a trip! Where do I sign up?!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whoa, what kind of monster'd I create?

    Hmmmm.....it HAS been a long time since I threw any kind of a shindig....used to throw a big fishfry or hogroast annually...still have my cookers..it would be next spring before I could get everything required together....have to talk to Pood about a special order....

    Maybe about the time the dogwoods bloom, the crappie are bitin', and the Ozarks turn Altec green.......

    That reminds me, I never did tell you that bird dog story, did I, C.B.?

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.